If there is no self, who’s reading this? Beyond Mindfulness – Buddhism for Today
24th February 2018 @ 10:00 am - 25th February 2018 @ 4:30 pm GMT£145 - £195
Sunnyside, 12 Groby Lane, Newtown Linford, le6 0hh VIEW MAP
PRICE: Full: £195.00 | Reduced fees: £145.00
This weekend is led by Suryacitta who was ordained into the Triratna Buddhist Order in 1999.
Themes covered include:
- The Four Noble Truths and the Eightfold Path
- The Five Shandhas – exploring the elements which make up the universe, including you. (This was the most popular lecture on the MSc)
- Karma – You don’t need to believe in Karma for it to be true just like you don’t need to believe in gravity.
- The Life of the Buddha – who he was and what he discovered
- We will explore the much-misunderstood nature of the self
There will be time for meditation and to ask questions and explore other aspects of Buddhism. The weekend will also illustrate the roots of the interest in mindfulness and compassion.