Mindfulness training – Places available
2nd February 2019 @ 10:00 am - 7th February 2019 @ 4:30 pm GMT£100.00 – £650.00
February 2nd – 7th 2019, 10.00 – 16.30 6 Days
Cost £650 includes lunches and snacks
Sunnyside House, 12 Groby Lane, Newtown Linford, Leicestershire, LE6 0HH VIEW MAP
Our Mindfulness training programme has two options.
OPTION 1, You can attend the 6 (consecutive) day training retreat which will prepare you to teach mindfulness in the setting of your choosing. A lot of people choose this option as this training is all they need. You will receive a certificate of mindfulness skills from Mindfulness CIC
THEMES COVERED ON THE TRAINING RETREAT INCLUDE:
- The history and roots of mindfulness
- The art of guiding meditations – why saying less is better
- Exploring the inquiry process
- Using metaphor, stories and images in teaching
- Teaching mindfulness in different settings
- Using silence and pauses in our own practice and as teaching aides
- Looking at guidelines for living – how we live each day matters
- Holding a group
- What is mindfulness – a look at the subtleties of this ancient practice
- Essential attitudes for a beneficial practice – sensitivity, courage, curiosity, warmth, kindness, receptivity…and lots more
- Why mindfulness works and why it doesn’t
- How to work with the tyranny of thoughts and difficult emotions
- Setting your students home practice
There will be one full day of silent meditation practice during the mindfulness training retreat so we can focus on our own meditation practice. This day will also show you how to set up and run a day retreat of your own once you start teaching.
The meditations which we will cover on the training retreat include:
Each participant will get the opportunity to guide meditations and to receive helpful feedback about what worked and what didn’t.
- Mindfulness of Breathing
- Body Awareness/Scan
- Compassion Meditation
- Choiceless Awareness/Just Sitting
- Three Step Breathing Space
- Mindful Walking and Movement
- Self-compassion practice – how to be with difficult emotions
Each day will begin at 10.00am and end at around 4.30. There will be breaks and lunch (which is provided) will be at 1.00pm
The cost of this option is £650. This includes all snacks and lunches. There is local accommodation available for those who will be travelling.
The 6-day comprehensive mindfulness training retreat will enable you to teach:
• With more confidence
• With a certificate in mindfulness skills from Mindfulness CIC
• With the support and backing of very experienced teachers
You will also be able to:
• “Plug into” our network of mindfulness teachers
• Deepen your practice with our courses for further development
OPTION 2, After the six-day training retreat you can choose to enter into the 12-month training pathway which includes:
- Four group skype/webinar supervision sessions – every three months.
- Three individual sessions, these can be both supervision and advice on setting up a course – phone or skype
- The use of all our materials and course booklet
- The use of the mindfulness cic app (which includes full eight-week course and a selection of guided meditations) for yourself and to provide for your clients
The cost of this 12 months pathway is £395 for the 12 months.
Payable after the 6-day training retreat. Once your 12 months have passed you will be registered as a teacher of the Vision and Transformation Mindfulness and Compassion course. We will pass your details onto people who wish to attend a course in your area.
PLEASE NOTE: Although Suryacitta co-designed and lecture on the MSc in mindfulness and compassion this mindfulness training is not academic in nature but is experiential.
Venue: Sunnyside House, in the beautiful Leicestershire village of Newtown Linford.
Booking: We require a deposit of £100 to secure a place and the remainder is to be paid eight weeks before the start of the training course.
Please contact us if you are unsure if the training retreat is suitable for you.
Our mindfulness training retreats are very popular and there are a limited number of spaces. So it is important that any cancellation, or changes, to bookings are made well in advance.
To book for a training retreat in the UK, we require a £100 non-refundable deposit.
If you need to transfer to a later training retreat we can do this free of charge.
Full payment for the retreat is due no later than six weeks prior to the retreat start date