Train to teach Mindfulness retreat – Fully Booked
October 13 @ 10:00 am - October 18 @ 4:30 pm BST£100 – £650
Train to Teach Mindfulness
13th – 18th October 2018, 10.00 – 16.30 6 days
VENUE – VIEW MAP
Train to teach mindfulness with confidence and ease, without cliches, and mindfulness jargon.
Our Mindfulness teacher training programme has two options.
OPTION 1, You can attend the 6 (consecutive) day training retreat which will prepare you to teach mindfulness in the setting of your choosing. A lot of people choose this option as this training is all they need. You will receive a certificate of mindfulness skills from Mindfulness CIC
THEMES COVERED ON THE TRAINING RETREAT INCLUDE:
- The history and roots of mindfulness
- The art of guiding meditations
- Exploring the inquiry process
- Using metaphor, stories and images in teaching
- Teaching from your own experience
- Teaching mindfulness in different settings
- Using silence and pauses in our own practice and as teaching aids
- Looking at guidelines for living – how we live each day matters
- Holding a group
- What is mindfulness – a look at the subtleties of this ancient practice
- Essential attitudes for a beneficial practice – sensitivity, courage, curiosity, warmth, kindness, receptivity…and lots more
- Why mindfulness works and why it doesn’t
- How to work with the tyranny of thoughts and difficult emotions
- Setting your students home practice
There will be a morning of silent meditation practice during the
training retreat. We can also show you how to set up and run a morning or day retreat of your own.
The meditations which we will cover on the training retreat include:
- Mindfulness of Breathing
- Body Awareness/Scan
- Compassion Meditation
- Choiceless Awareness/Just Sitting
- Three Step Breathing Space
- Mindful Walking and Movement
- Self-compassion practice – how to be with difficult emotionsEach participant will get the opportunity to guide meditations and to receive helpful feedback about what worked and what didn’t.
Each day will begin at 10.00am and end around 4.30. There will be breaks and lunch (which is provided) will be at 1.00pm
The 6-day comprehensive train to teach mindfulness retreat will enable you to teach:
• With more confidence
• With a certificate in mindfulness skills from Mindfulness CIC
• With the support and backing of very experienced teachers
You will also be able to:
• “Plug into” our network of mindfulness teachers
• Deepen your practice with our courses for further development
The cost of this option is £650. This includes all snacks and lunches. There is local accommodation available for those who will be travelling.
Some photos of the venue and previous teacher training retreats
OPTION 2, After the six-day training retreat you can choose to enter into the 12-month training pathway which includes:
- Four group skype/webinar supervision sessions – every three months.
- Three individual sessions, these can be both supervision and advice on setting up a course – face to face, phone or skype
- The use of all our materials and course booklet
- The use of the mindfulness cic app (which includes full eight-week course and a selection of guided meditations) for yourself and to provide for your clients
The cost of this 12 months pathway is £395 for 12 months.
This is payable after the 6-day training retreat. Once your 12 months have passed you will be registered as a teacher of the Vision and Transformation Mindfulness and Compassion course. We will pass your details onto people who wish to attend a course in your area.
Please note: Though Suryacitta co-wrote and lectures on the MSc in mindfulness and compassion at Coventry University this teacher training is not academic in nature. It is experiential and open to all those aspiring to teach mindfulness.
We also offer in-house train to teach mindfulness training courses for organisations, please get in touch if interested.
Venue: Sunnyside House, in the beautiful Leicestershire village of Newtown Linford.
Booking: We require a deposit of £100 to secure a place and
the remainder is to be paid eight weeks before the start of the training course.
Please contact us if you are unsure if the training retreat is suitable for you.
Train to teach mindfulness with Suryacitta who has 30 years experience of practising and 25 years experience of teaching.
Our mindfulness teacher training retreats are very popular and there are a limited number of spaces. So it is important that any cancellation, or changes, to bookings are made well in advance.
To book for a training retreat in the UK, we require a £100 non-refundable deposit.
If you need to transfer to a later training retreat we can do this free of charge.
Full payment for the retreat is due no later than six weeks prior to the retreat start date