Mindfulness Teacher Training
Mindfulness teacher training
If you have a mindfulness practice, this course will give you everything you need in order to become a mindful teacher of others.
All our mindfulness teacher training courses are led by Suryacitta and supported by Gaynor Quilter. Suryacitta is the teacher’s teacher. He is one of the most experienced and innovative teachers in the UK.
Our mindfulness teacher training programme has two options.
OPTION 1, You can attend the 6 (consecutive) day training retreat which will prepare you to teach mindfulness in the setting of your choosing. You will receive a certificate of mindfulness skills from Mindfulness CIC.
You may decide to end your training with us as at the end of the training retreat as you will be in a position to teach mindfulness yourself. However, you may, of course, choose then to enter into a 12-month pathway – see below.
Themes covered during the 6-day training retreat:
- The history and roots of mindfulness
- The art of guiding meditations
- Exploring the inquiry process
- Using metaphor, stories and images in teaching
- Teaching from your own experience
- Teaching mindfulness in different settings
- Using silence and pauses in your own practice and as teaching aids
- Looking at guidelines for living – how we live each day matters
- Holding a group
- What is mindfulness – a look at the subtleties of this ancient practice
- Essential attitudes for a beneficial practice – sensitivity, courage, curiosity, warmth, kindness, receptivity…and lots more
- Why mindfulness works and why it doesn’t
- How to work with the tyranny of thoughts and difficult emotions
- Setting the students home practice
There will be a morning of silent meditation practice during the training retreat. We can also show you how to set up and run a morning or day retreat of your own.
The meditations which we will cover on the training retreat include:
Each participant will get the opportunity to guide meditations and to receive helpful feedback about what worked and what didn’t.
- Mindfulness of Breathing
- Body Awareness/Scan
- Compassion Meditation
- Choiceless Awareness/Just Sitting
- Three Step Breathing Space
- Mindful Walking and Movement
- Self-compassion practice – how to be with difficult emotions
Each day will begin at 10.00am and end around 4.30. There will be breaks and lunch (which is provided) will be at 1.00pm
Cost of this option is £650. This includes all snacks and lunches. There is local accommodation available for those who will be travelling.
Please note: The course is not academic and is experiential in nature. Each training retreat has a maximum of 12 participants.
The 6-day comprehensive training retreat, will enable you to teach:
• With more confidence
• With a certificate in mindfulness skills from Mindfulness CIC
• With the support and backing of very experienced teachers
OPTION 2, After the six-day training retreat, you may wish to enter into our 12-month training pathway which includes:
- Three group webinar supervision sessions – with space for questions and inquiry – every three months.
- Three individual sessions, these can be both supervision and advice and guidance on setting up your own courses – face to face, phone or skype
- The use of course materials and booklet in pdf
- The use of the mindfulness cic app (which includes full eight-week course and a selection of guided meditations) for yourself and to provide for your students
The cost of this pathway is £395 for 12 months.
Payable at the start of your 12-month pathway should you choose this option.
We also offer in-house teacher training courses for organisations, please get in touch if interested.
NEXT MINDFULNESS TRAINING RETREATS
- Non-residential is £650 and includes lunches and snacks.
- There is e a maximum of 12 participants on the course.
- There is good quality local accommodation if needed. Please ask and we can direct you.
Booking: We require a deposit of £100 or full payment to secure a place and the remainder is to be paid eight weeks before the start of the training course.
Criteria for attending our mindfulness training retreat
Eligibility criteria for participating in the Mindfulness teacher training course is in line with UK good practice guidelines
Participants are to have a minimum of 6 months daily mindfulness practice
WHAT PEOPLE SAY
“It has given me confidence in my ‘understanding’…Simple, some teachers make it more complicated than it needs to be – excellent.” AM
“Loved the simplicity of it all. Feel confident I can bring it into my classroom.”JM
“It was a revelation to see how powerful and beautiful can be the use of metaphors and stories to convey meaning. They cut through confusion like lots of words never could.” Dan
“I never realised that keeping teaching simple and direct is what makes it effective. I couldn’t have imagined that the use of pauses and silence could have such an effect.” Ady
“Thank you so much for an amazing, transformative experience!” Michael
“The warmth, connection between you both, your teaching, challenge and hospitality create an unforgettable experience, which is something of a turning point for me personally.” Mandy
“Thank you, both for this opportunity and space to learn. Both from the course delivery practically and the modelling of your own practice and being. Truly uplifting.” Glynis
“I am infinitely grateful for the experience. During the course, mental constructs continued to drop away revealing more of the jewel within the lot of us. It has deepened my practice and given me the confidence to pass on the miracle of mindfulness.” Paul
“I think my experience was far more enriching than I could’ve hoped for – a rollercoaster, but personally and hopefully professionally very valuable.” Alexandra
“Thank you for an insightful six days. It’s helped develop me, my reflections, my awareness and understanding of myself in a safe, yet challenging environment. Life isn’t easy and the retreat helps reflect on the ups and downs. I appreciate the honesty and challenge Suryacitta brings without apology, with humour.” Helena
“Thank you for Six-Days of great teaching, great conversations, great company. I’ve learnt a huge amount about myself in such a short time. I’m going to make myself a fridge magnet saying something like “the best teaching companion is silence. I have learned from both of you.” Juliette
“This has been a wonderful experience and a chance for developing greater self awareness ans instilling the confidence to teach mindfulness. Not just about the mechanics of the 8 week course. The challenging moments were handled so gently that the opportunities for growth were maximised. Truly nourishing in all senses.” SARAH
Upcoming Events › Teacher Training
Events List Navigation
Mindfulness teacher training Mindfulness Meditation training 12th – 17th May 2018, 10.00 – 16.30 6 days VENUE – VIEW MAP Each day will consist of mindfulness and compassion meditation and the exploration of themes such as letting go, enquiry, trust, teaching from your own experience. There will be group work and the opportunity to teach a variety of practices. There will be a maximum of 12 participants. Our Mindfulness teacher training programme has two options. OPTION 1, You can attend the 6…Find out more »
Mindfulness teacher training Mindfulness Meditation training 14th – 19th July 2018, 10.00 – 16.30 6 days VENUE - VIEW MAP Each day will consist of mindfulness and compassion meditation and the exploration of themes such as letting go, enquiry, trust, teaching from your own experience. There will be group work and the opportunity to teach a variety of practices. There will be a maximum of 12 participants. Our Mindfulness teacher training programme has two options. OPTION 1, You can attend the 6…Find out more »