The Jewel of Mindfulness.
There are many definitions of mindfulness and most of them do give a hint to what it is about. Such as Mindfulness is paying attention in the present moment with a non-judgemental attitude. Suryacitta’s definintion is, mindfulness is knowing what is happenng, whilst it is happening non judgementally, and the mind’s perception of what is happening. However, a definition can also limit what it describes. Rather than a definition, a metaphor or an image can give us a much better sense of what mindfulness is about.
We can imagine mindfulness as similar to a big beautiful jewel. A jewel has many facets, but each facet is only a reflection, a small part of the whole jewel. To really appreciate a jewel you must study each facet of it.
This is what we do on our courses which we run. Each week we study and explore a facet of the jewel of mindfulness.
A few of the facets of this jewel of mindfulness are;
- the ability to live more in the present moment,
- learning to pay attention to life,
- to trust in our own intuitive awareness,
- to develop compassion for self and others,
- to deepen honesty with ourselves,
- to calm the agitated mind,
- to be at ease with diffucult emotions
- to know the difference between real and false emotions
- to learn to be at home in the body, and so much moreFOR DATES AND VENUES OR MAKE A BOOKING CLICK HERE
Click here for more Definitions of Mindfulness